FALL SEASON - LATEST UPDATES 8/25/20
- We continue to monitor Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) guidelines, as we prepare for our fall season, September 7-November 1.
- If the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) sticks with a November 16 start for high school boys and girls, our high school team practices October 26-November 1, will be training sessions only.
- IDPH guidelines currently identify basketball as a Level 2 sport, which allows for group rosters of 25 or less athletes and scrimmage within that group, with parental consent.
- Athletes will be offered two practice sessions each week, which will include individual skill development, team concepts & scrimmage within their group.
- The ever changing guidelines fluctuate between requiring masks to be worn during indoor practice and not requiring them to be worn.
- Out of precaution, especially in light of constantly changing guidelines, we are preparing 8 outdoor courts. All age groups will practice outside at least once during the week. All age groups will have the option of an indoor practice on the weekend, with the understanding that if masks are required for indoor workouts at that time, practice plans will be adjusted to include workouts that can be done in a mask. Coaches will have the option to run a portion of the practice outdoors and a portion indoors.
- If things drastically improve, we can begin to move our teams back indoors.
- Our current plans include optional outdoor Speed & Power training and Individual Skill Development training five days a week, so that teams and players can take advantage of this structure on their practice days.
- SAMPLE SCHEDULE
- TEAM ONE
- Thursday, 5:15-6:00 PM Optional Speed & Power Training
- Thursday, 6:15-7:00 PM Individual Skill Development Training
- Thursday, 7:00-7:45 PM Team Practice
- This teams second practice would be on a weeknight, or the weekend. This practice would be a regular practice, with the option of having some inside and some outside if on the weekend, depending on the mask requirements at the time.
- As sunset get's earlier, we will either adjust the start time of the speed and power training, or shorten it a few minutes.
- All practices will be held at Flodin Boys & Girls Club, 998 S. Lyford Rd. Rockford.
- We will strictly limit the number of athletes per age group to stay within the guidelines.
- Groups will also be split into rosters of 8, 9 or 10 players and will attend three, or possibly four one day events, in areas with rates of disease transmission lower than, or equal to Winnebago County, or in Illinois if basketball is moved to Level 3, as long as such events remain permissible under IDPH guidelines.
- Upper level high school girls and boys teams, may have one or two 2-day events, if still allowed under guidelines at the time of those events.
- Registration Fees $250.00 - Includes Individual Skill Development Training, Optional Speed & Power Training, Practice AND Up to Three or Possibly Four Tournaments
- Families with summer fee credits on file, will need to register by phone, or in our office.
- Credit card payment plan is available through our office at 815-601-CATS (2287).
- A Wildcat uniform and practice reversible are required. If you don't have one. New uniforms are 139.00 and practice reversible's are 21.00. We have a limited supply of used on hand.
- We are also offering a $25.00 discount online, for each sibling registered at the same time.
- Fees above include a $25.00 discount if paying fees in full online, or in full with our office within 72-hours of rosters being posted.
The following refunds will be issued at the immediate end of the season if COVID restrictions present the following:
- If Only 2 Tournaments Played $35.00 Refund
- Only 1 Tournament Played $55.00 Refund
- October Training Canceled $100.00 Refund
100.00 is the Maximum Refund Allowed
Because of the number of athletes interested, we are now encouraging everyone to attend their scheduled tryout.
Call 815-601-CATS (2287) with any questions.